Pagan Blog Project 2014

Pagan Blog Project 2014

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pagan Blog Project - Z is for Zeus

Z is for Zeus

God Zeus is the ultimate father figure.
Maybe that is one of the reasons I have such a hard time relating to this male Deity, and others whom are a fatherly type, such as him.
I did not grow up with the best male role-models (that is an understatement, but this is not a discussion for this time or place), and my short but bitter experience with the Christian version of deity, left me with a not so nice aftertaste, that pushed me in the arms of the Goddess and a more formless version of Universal Energy.
Maybe one day I will be able to disconnect from those experiences with the male aspect of spirituality, and embrace this Deity.
I know he is waiting, but he is patient. That I can feel, and the acknowledgment of his patience is all the relationship I can offer at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment