Pagan Blog Project 2014

Pagan Blog Project 2014

Saturday, September 15, 2012

God Hades


I had never thought too much about Hades until today.

Watching a squirrel cross over this morning, I asked for my Goddess Hecate to take care of her in prayer, and
Hades made himself known. What suprised me is that as I envision him, I can see no darkness in the sense of
end, but a darkness in the sense of comforting sleep. A welcoming darkness that within holds a dear gentleness and openness with a space for grief but a space for love and hope, as well as rest before the journey begins again.

Hades to me is a comforting figure. I have never been scared of death, considering that I know in my own sense of truth that it is not the end, but the space between old and new, the threshhold. It is the place where my Patron Goddess works (not her only space, but she is comfortable there, and therefore so am I). Hades in his darkness spreads wings of comfort, guides, works with us World Walkers who move in these spaces. He is nothing to fear, neither is death.

I welcome Hades, and am honored that he allowed me to notice him today. May he allow the squirrel that is now in his care to find the rest she deserves.

Thank you, Honored God Hades!

Hail Hecate!

No comments:

Post a Comment