Pagan Blog Project 2014

Pagan Blog Project 2014

Friday, September 7, 2012

Hestia - Me, Seriously?


 Hestia - Me, Seriously?

Sometimes Our Lady Hecate calls in the re-enforcements.
I am everything but domestic. Yes, I homeschool my children, and yes I am working from inside the home, so to the person looking in it might appear that I am living the traditional home wife life - yeah right.

I am a feminist, I am anti-domestic and I hate cleaning. All right I do what I have to, but that activity is right up there with taxes, and going to the dentist - longing for the time when my side adventures will be able to afford me a cleaning lady. Trust me I will pay well for someone doing something I would never miss doing. Just not quite there yet - getting closer.

So who of all deities do I (Miss - I refuse to wear skirts, as a protest to fundies in the area) run accross and whom keeps on dancing in my head - Hestia of all people, ah Gods.

Domestic Goddess, keeper of the home, veiled one. Not quite sure what to make of her presence in my life. I have been, like a good feminist as I proudly claim to be, ignoring her existence. Yet I keep on thinking about her lately. Digging through other people's blogs for inspirations, most of them my Patron related blogs, she still keeps on showing up.

And this morning I almost heard my Goddess say this sentence out loud. Time to call in the re-enforcements.
Wondering where this exploration of connection to the Goddess of the Hearth and Home will lead me, but I have learned to listen to Hecate, knowing that she will not let me pass until I hear what she has to say - she did not when she brought Kuan Yin into my life, and I know she will not this time.

So it is time for me to be quiet - and listen - at least for a moment. And later write about where this little encounter took me.


Hail Hecate!

No comments:

Post a Comment